Awesome summer strawberry pie in 8 steps:
1) Dice 2 cu. strawberries. Combine 2/3 cu. water and 2 tbs. cornstarch with 1/3 cu. sugar in water. Stir to dissolve cornstarch and sugar.
2) Add strawberries and cook over medium heat until mixture begins to bubble and liquid turns at least semi-transparent and thickens.
3) Strain mixture through sieve into bowl. Refrigerate until needed.
4) Make (or buy frozen) pie crust. Place into pie pan and prick bottom liberally.
5) Bake pie crust according to recipe. Allow to cool.
6) Coat bottom and sides of pie crust with spreadable cream cheese.
7) Slice fresh strawberries and layer with glaze made in steps 1-3.